Hey everyone!


This blog will be an outlet for me to explore a variety of brass music that has been sampled in rap/hip-hop, and will mostly consist of my opinions on both the song that is being sampled, and the song that is using the sample. 

I am hoping to use this as a way of finding more music that I enjoy, as I am always looking for new music to listen to. To those of you reading this, if you ever have any recommendations of songs that you know of that sample brass music, please let me know! I'd happy to write a post about it.

I'll primarily be using the website "whosampled" for most of the songs that I find. It is a wonderful website/app that tells you what a song has sampled, how that sample was used, and even provides timestamps to both the original sample, and the music that used it. Vice versa, it also tells you who has sampled a song, and where that sample can be found. It is easy to spend HOURS on this website just searching through the hundreds of thousands of artists and songs provided. Here is the website for you all to search through for fun!

https://www.whosampled.com/

I am looking forward to seeing what new music I find, and I am even more excited to share it with you all!

Comments

  1. This might not be completely related, but check out this video of Bill Muter https://youtu.be/Gc2Fx7n6qRE

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts